Fat or Oil Requirements & Substitutions:
- 1. Consume ONLY one serving of fat as indicated on your daily nutrition templates below.
2. Serving size (men and women) = 1 tablespoon. Cheese = a sprinkle or small serving. Yolks = 1 or 2 max. Krill or fish oil = 2 to 3 grams (1,000 mg = 1 gram)
3. Monitor your portion sizes carefully with fats. It’s very easy to overdo it and add in an additional 300 to 400 calories per day if you’re not careful.
4. Make sure you LIMIT fat in any meals containing starchy carbs or fruits.
Type (O) = Fats or Oil
- Flaxseed oil or ground up flaxseeds
- Omega 3 or organic fish oil
- Olive oil
- Mayo (use small amounts and avoid canola or vegetable oils)
- Small amounts of raw cheese or almond cheese
- Grass fed or organic butter
- Coconut oil
- Egg Yolks (cage free or farm fresh)
- Heavy Cream
- Limit raw nuts, seeds, nut butters, and avocado until Cycle 3
*Healthy fats to monitor and limit for Stage 2: Make sure to limit or avoid raw seeds, nuts, nut butters, and avocado during this cycle. Although they are healthy and acceptable, servings sized always get abused. They contain too many hidden calories. You’ll notice we add more raw nuts, nut butter, seeds, and avocado back into your plan during Stage 3.