1 lemon halved
2 portions tuna, 150g. (women), 200g. (men)1 tsp. blackened seasoning, or crushed black peppercorns.
1-cup broccoli or green vegetable of your choice.
- In a large Ziplock bag, add lemon juice .
- Add tuna to the mixture and make sure it is coated.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the tuna from the marinade and sprinkle both sides with blackened seasoning or peppercorns.
- Lightly coat a pan with cooking spray and place over high heat. When skillet is really hot, add the tuna steaks and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with foil and cook another 5 minutes for rare or 7 minutes for medium.
- If desired serve tuna on top of a leaf of lettuce and slice of tomato.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice and enjoy