I don’t know about you, but I am having to work harder to keep my weight in check over the past couple of weeks due to the extra social comittments and increased eating and drinking that goes hand in hand.
A huge secret to keeping your body in the fat burning zone has to do with your liver. It’s the organ in your body where fat is metabolised, so it sets the pace for dropping all those unwanted kilos.
When it can’t do its job of burning through your fat stores efficiently, you don’t get the rapid fat loss that you want.
One of the greatest ways to optimise your fat loss speed is to trick your body by following this simple rule: keep your liver clean from as many toxins as possible.
You fill your liver with toxins when you eat processed and fried foods, drink alcohol, feel stressed and are exposed to environmental pollutants.
The good news is there are many foods that cleanse the liver by stimulating our natural ability to clean toxic waste from the body!
Here are the top 10 foods that keep your liver burning up your fat at the fastest speed possible so all your efforts get you even more results:
1. Apples: are high in pectin, providing the body the nutrients to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
2. Avocados: this nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, which is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins. Recent studies indicate improved liver health when avocados are eaten on a regular basis.
3. Beetroot: is extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, which helps stimulate and improve overall liver function.
4. Flaxseed and olive oil: are great for the liver because they provide healthy fats that absorb harmful toxins in the body. This takes some of the “toxic overload” burden off the liver.
5. Garlic: just a small amount actually activates liver enzymes, which flushes out toxins. Garlic is also high in allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
6. Grapefruit: is high in a variety of antioxidants, including vitamin C, which increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver. Even just a half a grapefruit will boost the production of liver enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other harmful toxins.
7. Green Tea: is loaded with plant antioxidants known as catechins, which assists the livers overall functions in the body.
8. Leafy Green Vegetables: arugula, spinach, greens and chicory are among the most powerful allies in cleansing the liver. They are extremely high in plant chlorophylls, which literally suck up toxins from the blood stream. With their powerful ability to neutralize chemicals and pesticides, they offer a great protective mechanism for the liver!
9. Natural starchy carbs: such as brown rice, sweet potato, and squash are rich in B vitamins, which improve fat metabolisation, liver function, and liver decongestion.
10. Turmeric: the liver’s favourite spice. Add some of this detoxifying spiciness into your next soup, stew, or veggie to boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out known dietary carcinogens.
In addition to these 10 great foods, make sure you drink plenty of water (at least 3 litres a day) to help flush away unwanted toxins from your system, take a multivitamin to combat the effects of increased alcohol consumption and try to get plenty of rest.
Yours in health,